The Forum's general rules
Post by Cornelia on Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 pm
This board is here for support and help between the users of DJ Company. So, it is important to keep this board clean for everyone's comfort and these following rules are here to help it.
Note : There may be modifications anytime, so we invite you to re-read it regularly.
- Messages posted on the board -
- Before you post : A search should be done to see if your questions have not been already posted. You have a FAQ section where you can find answers for general questions about board management
- Topic titles : When you post your question or your problem, you must use a title related to your problem/question. Words such as "Urgent", "SOS", "Question", "Problem", "Hurry" are not tolerated. Capitals should also be avoided.
- Description of you problem/question : When you ask a question, try to be clear and accurate about what you want to say. Don't hesitate to describe your problem. The more info you give, the better we can answer you.
- Language on this forum : When you write in English, SMS (cell phone) style message, L3375P34K (leetspeak) and deliberate mistakes must be avoided. Non-English people, as well as English people, must be able to understand what you write, so put a minimum of care in your English, even if your English is not very good (eh, Godfather...lol? Wink )
- Colors and capitals and size : When you write your message, please don't abuse capitals (it means that you shout), colors and bold. Re-sizing your text is also a bad idea. Overly large text ressembles screaming.
Colors and Bold text are reserved for moderation, therefore don't use them.
- Flood and off-topic : Flood must be avoided. One-word posts such like "lol", "rofl" or a single smiley must be avoided.
You must also avoid to post the same topic twice, it will not be faster for you to get a response.
As long as you topic is not in the second page of the support section, it is useless to up it. The minimun delay between two Ups is 24 hours, according to this board's default timezone (GMT - 5).
If you make a mistake, please use the button at the top-right of your post, to avoid double-posting
- Advertising for your forum : Spamming for your board is not tolerated, even by PM. If you post about a problem, give the address of your forum ONLY if we ask you OR if it's really necessary to understand a problem. Better : Put your forum address in your profile, so we will just have to click on the "Forum" button to examine your board.
- Other advertising : It is also forbidden to post advertising for money-related stuff, many of our members are under 18.
Behavior on the forum
- Defamatory, racist, hateful, pornographic, illegal or insulting content must be avoided on this forum. You must respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than you. If you are in conflict with another member, please use PMs for that, this board is not an arena!
- Please, be patient. It's useless to up your topic every 2 minutes (see the point "Flood and Off-topic"). Every member of this forum has a private life besides DJ Company, so they can't always respond immediately.
- You must respect the moderators and administrators. They all work voluntarily on this forum and they are human, not machines!
- If you received advertising, pornographic content or insults by PM, you must send the whole copy (including the headers) to a moderator by PM. Posting it in a topic is useless and will only cause conflicts between you and the one who sent you the PM.
- If you found a member of DJ Company that doesn't respect the charter (can be seen when you create a board), PM a moderator instead of creating a topic. That will avoid undeliberate advertising.
- If you don't find your topic, it may have been moved to a more appropriate place Arrow How to find your own messages
If you have a question, PM a moderator for that!
Avatar and Profile
- Avatar dimensions : Your avatar's width must not exceed 150 pixels and its height must not exceed 200 pîxels. These limits are here to avoid scrolling for people who have a low screen resolution. You must also respect the limit of weight which is fixed to 300 KB. There are still people who have a low-speed connection, and heavy pictures take time to load for them.
- Your avatar is not an advertising banner, so avatars with your forum URL must be avoided.
- Sexually oriented and gore avatars must be avoided
- Your "Age/S" field is not an advertising space, so forum URL must be avoided
- If you made advertising by PM, you may see your PM mailbox disabled for a determined period
- If your avatar doesn't respect the rules and you ignore the moderator's request to have it changed, the Administrator may forbid you from displaying an Avatar.
- Advertising for money-related stuff = Immediate ban
- Ignoring the moderators' warnings and continuing to not respect the rules, insulting people and trolling may result to a simple ban from this forum, a DJ Company-wide ban or a ban forum deleted, according to the gravity of the member's fault.
Για τους Ελληνες : Μπειτε εδω, καντε copy (αντιγραφη) τους κανονες και paste (επικολληση) στη μηχανη για να κανετε τη μεταφραση!!!